On multiple occasions, Cape Town has been named the best city in the world! Of course, being residents here, we tend to agree. Few places offer white sandy beaches with clear blue water right on the edge of a large city beneath a mountain with a one-of-a-kind shape, do they?
It is rare to find a city that encapsulates everything in one place but Cape Town has managed to do just that.
Top ten reasons why Cape Town is the best city in the world:
- Stunning landscapes from Table Mountain to white sandy beaches and botanical gardens, all sitting amongst residential streets.
- A rich and (very) raw history from Robben Island to District Six.
- World-class restaurants offering delicious food using only the best local ingredients.
- Wine galore with stunning wine routes spanning miles through Constantia, Paarl and Stellenbosch, all just a moment’s drive away from the city centre.
- Mild Mediterranean climate with blue skies for most of the year with long drawn out summers.
- Big potential for new business and business growth with a large number of entrepreneurs working to live out their dreams.
- The Capetonian locals are open, caring and very welcoming.
- Large, gorgeous stadiums for the sports fans from the Newlands Cricket Grounds to the towering Cape Town stadium.
- You can experience the big 5 up close and personal only a few hours’ drive away.
- We have penguins. Need we say more?